25+ Make Ahead Camping Meals, to prep before you hit the road. We have selected some delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner make-ahead recipes - including some easy snacks.
Planning, prepping, and making your meals ahead of time will give you more time to actually enjoy your camping trip and not worry about what you are going to make for your next meal. Your family will be well-fed and happy!
- You'll Love These Make Ahead Camping Meals
- Helpful Tips For Meal Prepping
- Common Questions About Meal Prepping
- Meal Ideas
- Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Make Ahead Lunch Recipes
- Make Ahead Snack Recipes
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes
- Make Ahead Side Recipes
- Make Ahead Dessert Recipes
- More Camping Recipes You'll Love
- We'd Love To Hear From You
- 💬 Comments
You'll Love These Make Ahead Camping Meals
Don't waste your time grocery shopping or prepping meals on your next camping trip. Make a plan before you hit the road!!
A friend once told me regarding meal planning "If you fail to plan...you plan to fail". It is so true, but with a meal plan and make ahead meals, you can eliminate mealtime stress.
After a long day of exploring the last thing you want to do is think about what you will be fixing for dinner, preparing the meal from scratch, and then cleaning up the mess.
Having a meal plan and preparing the food beforehand will make your vacation enjoyable and also help save money. Buying prepackaged foods gets expensive and can be unhealthy.
Making your meals ahead of time also minimizes the ingredients you need to pack. We all dread the words "what's for dinner?" With these tips and recipes, you will easily answer that question with a smile!
Helpful Tips For Meal Prepping
- Make a meal plan for your trip including travel days.
- Do your grocery shopping with a list or preorder your groceries to save time
- Wash and prep the fruits and vegetables as soon as you get home from the grocery store
- Use your slow cooker or instant pot for preparation...your meal prep BFF!
- It's okay to cut corners- You can stock up on shortcut staples. This can help save time when you can't prepare from scratch.
- Purchase freezer tape to label your meals - or use a permanent market on freezer bags.
- Buy disposable containers to make clean up quicker
Common Questions About Meal Prepping
What does meal preparation mean?
Meal preparation is planning and preparing meals ahead of time. It can include prepping ingredients, make ahead meals, individually portioned meals, and batch cooking. This method is a huge time saver when you have an incredibly busy week coming up, or in this case you are taking a trip.
Pre-prepping for a trip means you can prepare a meal with minimal effort while on vacation!
How do you prep meals?
- Make a meal plan- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts and make sure to include snacks
- Pick a day to do the prepping and put it on your calendar!
- Go shopping with your organized list. This planner is perfect!
- Make sure you have proper storage containers (BPA free, freezer safe, microwavable, stackable, portioned ) or freezer bags
How many days ahead can you meal prep?
You can meal prep between three to five days ahead of your trip.
Can you freeze tin foil dinners?
Yes, you can freeze tin foil dinners! Make sure to use heavy-duty aluminum foil to eliminate freezer burn and leaking or purchase these awesome grilling bags.
How long does it take to thaw out frozen meals?
It takes approximately 24-48 hours to thaw out a frozen meal in the refrigerator.
Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Start your day with a good breakfast to fuel your body before a busy day of activities!
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats | by Minimalist Baker
- Loaded Breakfast Biscuits | The Salty Marshmallow
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Camping Breakfast Burritos | by Adventures of Mel
- Make Ahead Cinnamon Freezer French Toast | by Freezer Meals 101
- Everything Bagel Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole | by Home Made Interest
- Freezer Friendly Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls | by Mommy Hates Cooking
- Banana Nut Muffins | by The Little Frugal House
Make Ahead Lunch Recipes
Move aside PB&J! These easy lunch recipes will be a hit!
Make Ahead Snack Recipes
With a little planning, you can prepare these yummy snacks instead of reaching for unhealthy processed and expensive prepackaged snacks.
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Cookies | by Nutrition in the Kitch
- No Bake Energy Bites | by Home & Plate
- Homemade Trail Mix Recipes | by Amanda Outside
- Homemade Chewy Granola Bars | by Iowa Girl Eats
- SuperFood Energy Bar Recipe | by To Simply Inspire
- Blueberry Fruit Leather | by Healthy Substitute
Make Ahead Dinner Recipes
Keep dinner fuss-free with these delicious make-ahead recipes.
The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe
With only 3 ingredients you can precook these easy ribs. There are 2 methods of cooking oven to grill or instant pot to grill.
We make these ribs a lot on trips! I follow the steps through baking. I let the ribs cool then cut them into 2 rib portions and place in a plastic bag. When you are ready for dinner on your tip, simply brush with bbq sauce and warm them on the grill! Recipe: The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Freezer To Grill Fajita Chicken Skewers | by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Meatball Foil Packets | by Create Kids Club
- Easy Everyday Meatloaf | by Hidden Ponies
- Make Ahead Hamburger Patties | by Happy Money Saver
- Chili Lime Chicken Foil Packs | by Meal Plan Addict
- Baked Spaghetti | North Carolina Charm
- Freezer-To-Grill Steak and Vegetable Kabobs | by The Kitchn
Make Ahead Side Recipes
Every delicious meal needs a side dish. Leftovers? No problem...serve them for lunch!
Easy Canned Fruit Salad Recipe
This family favorite is perfect to serve at your next RV trip. It keeps for several days so it's perfect to make ahead of time! Recipe: Easy Canned Fruit Salad Recipe
- Camping Mac & Cheese | by Lauren's Latest
- Easy Southwest Camping Salad| by Camping For Foodies
- Asian Noodle Salad | Well Plated
- Garlic Green Bean Recipe | by Favorite Freezer Foods
Make Ahead Dessert Recipes
Make room for dessert. Your sweet tooth will love these make ahead desserts!
- White Chocolate Marshmallow S'more Chex Bars | by What's Gaby Cooking
- Blueberry Upside-Down Cake | by The Spruce Eats
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie | by Inquiring Chef
- Smore Brownies | by Seeking The RV Life
More Camping Recipes You'll Love
- 25+ Pie Iron Recipes
- 30+ Foil Packet Meals
- 25+ Super Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 25+ RV Camping Dinners
- 35+ Instant Pot Recipes
- 20+ Camping Cocktails
- 15+ Hamburger Recipes
We'd Love To Hear From You
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this post! Here's how:
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
We love your comments - say hello, or leave any questions and comments below!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Show your RV's, travel photos, food photos, and favorite campgrounds! We'd LOVE to see them!
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
25+ Make Ahead Camping Meals that are perfect RV & camping food! Make-ahead recipes are the perfect thing for camping and RVing. Meal prepping will keep you from packing too many ingredients, and you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your family & vacation. #makeaheadcampingmeals #makeaheaddinner #makeaheadsnacks #mealprep #batchcook #makeaheaddesserts #rvfood #rvcooking #camping food #campingrecipe #campfirecooking #makeaheadmeals #makeaheadrecipes #rvliving #rvcamping