Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are a super simple and tasty dinner idea with only 6 ingredients! Cook your chicken over a campfire, on a grill, or in your oven. Because these can be pre-prepped and are easy to clean up they make a great camping recipe!
Why You'll ❤️ This Teriyaki Chicken
"Pre-prep all the ingredients. When it's time to cook throw it all in the packets, cook and serve with a side of instant rice and some extra teriyaki sauce and some soy sauce."
Super easy to make! I love this recipe - it's super easy to throw together and the chicken always turns out very tender!
The perfect camping recipe. Pre-prepped ingredients, ready-made rice, and some foil and you've got yourself a super easy to make (and cleanup) recipe!
🥘 What You Will Need
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make teriyaki chicken foil packets:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - you could also use chicken thighs, pork, smoked sausage, bratwurst, and even beef if you want.
Canned Pineapple Slices - you can also use fresh, but the canned is most convenient.
Bell Peppers - any color, I love using a combination of red bell peppers and green or orange for the beautiful color!
Red Onion - with teriyaki I prefer to use a sweet onion red or white, but in a pinch any onion will do!
Broccoli Florets - fresh broccoli works best for this recipe.
Teriyaki Sauce - you'll need enough to cook with the chicken, and extra for serving.
Salt and Pepper - to taste
For serving - sliced green onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and rice.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making teriyaki chicken foil packets:
Step One. Preheat grill, campfire, or oven to 400 degrees F
Step Two. Lay out 4 double-layer pieces of foil approximately 18 x 12". Spray with nonstick spray
Step Three. Place chicken breast on foil then top with pineapple, onion, bell pepper, broccoli florets, then teriyaki sauce.
Step Four. Seal the packets tightly and place over indirect heat for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetable sare tender.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve your chicken teriyaki:
Garnish with fresh sliced green onion, sesame seeds (toasted or not), extra teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, or yum yum sauce.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Use different vegetables. Use any color bell peppers you want. Use more broccoli or add cauliflower.
- Make it spicy with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Substitute pork, steak, shrimp, salmon, smoked sausage, and bratwurst for the chicken - all would be quite delicious!
💭 Top Tips
- Make-ahead tip: pre-prep all the ingredients and store the chicken and vegetables in different bags.
- Use pre-cut foil bags for convenience.
- Each method of cooking may result in carrying cooking times. Check the chicken and vegetables periodically and test for doneness.
- If cooking over a campfire or grill, be sure to rotate the packet periodically, and cook over indirect heat (not an open flame)
- Adjust any seasoning.
How To Store
To store leftovers, let the packets cool, then transfer to an airtight container or re-wrap in the foil and place in a plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. See reheating and freezing instructions below.
How To Reheat
Reheat wrapped in foil, over hot coals, in the oven, or on a grill. Or, transfer to a microwave-safe dish then heat in a microwave over low heat.
If you don't want rice, serve with riced cauliflower, pasta, baked, mashed, or roasted potatoes. Udon, rice, and ramen noodles would also make a great side besides rice.
✔️ More Camping Dinner Recipes
If you are looking for more camping dinners be sure to check these out:
- Philly Cheese Steak Foil Packets
- Pudgie Pie Tasty Tacos (Pie Iron Recipe)
- Campfire Pie Iron Pizzas
- 15+ Easy Hamburger Recipes
- 25+ Make Ahead Camping Meals