S'Mores Cones are SUPER EASY and can be made over a campfire, on a grill, or even your oven. They're fun to make and are simple to clean up. Check out our gourmet variations to take your campfire cones foil packet dessert to the next level!
❤️ Campfire Cones
"We've been making S'mores Cones over the campfire for years! It's a favorite with adults and kids. Now we take it to a whole new level and have started in with all kinds of delicious ingredients - not just chocolate and marshmallows. It seems each year we're trying to come up with new and fun variations. Enjoy!" 🙂 -Kori
If you're looking for camping dessert recipes be sure to try this Cherry Mountain Pie Recipe and these make-ahead S'mores Brownies! They're delicious!
You can use as little as 3 ingredients or assemble a whole tray full of tasty fun fillings. See our filling variations below for some really delicious flavor combinations that will take your campfire cones from tasty basic to over-the-top gourmet.
Fun Foil Packet Recipe!
Campfire cones are fun to make - for the whole family. Kids and adults LOVE stuffing the cones. Adults love the easy cleanup - pull off the foil, and you're done. No washing roasting sticks with sticky marshmallows! Yeah!
Ooey Gooey S'Mores Goodness
S'mores cones are absolutely delicious. Ooey gooey marshmallow and chocolate, or whatever ingredient combination you choose, is the perfect campfire dessert to share with your family and friends on your next camping adventure!
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make these delicious campfire cones:
- Waffle Cones
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
Optional Ingredient Ideas
Just to get your creative juices flowing, here are some more ideas for delicious fillings:
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Bananas, diced
- Strawberries, diced
- Graham Cracker Cookies
- Coconut flakes, sweetened
- Nuts, chopped (pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, walnuts)
- The list is literally endless!
- Foil Sheets, approx 10" to 12" squares
- Nonstick spray
- Campfire or Grill - grate should be 4 to 6" above the heat
- Grilling Gloves, a long-handled spatula, or thongs - or adding or removing the cones from the fire.
S'mores Cones Variations
Remember I said that each year we try to come up with new and fun filling ideas for our cones? Here are some of those tasty combinations to get you started making your own gourmet s'mores cones:
- Marshmallows + Chocolate Chips
- Nutella + Marshmallows + Banana + Peanut Butter Chips
- Marshmallows + Banana + Coconut + White Chocolate Chips + Pineapple Tidbits (drained)
- Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chips + Marshmallow
- Marshmallows + Strawberries + White Chocolate Chips + Coconut + Pecans
- Marshmallows + M&M's + Peanut Butter Chips + Peanuts
Step by Step Instructions
Here's how to make s'mores cones in foil packets:
Get all your ingredients ready, chopping fruit and nuts, etc. Cut squares of foil and get your fire hot.
Fill the waffle cones with your favorite toppings.
Wrap in foil, tenting a bit at the top so any marshmallow won't stick.
Place on a grill or campfire and cook for 3 to 5 minutes (turning halfway) until ingredients are melted to your liking.
You can cook your S'mores cone foil packets in the oven, on the grill, in a campfire, or even in your microwave. Here's what to do:
- Oven - preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tin foil packets on a sheet pan and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until all the ingredients are melted to your liking.
- Grill - Preheat the grill to medium-high heat with a rack from 4 to 6" from heat source. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway. Cones are done when the ingredients are melted.
- Campfire - For more temperature control, we recommend using a rack 4 to 6" over hot coals and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until done, turning halfway.
- Microwave - yep. You can do these in the microwave, just don't wrap them in foil. Place the cones on a microwave-safe plate and start by cooking for 20 seconds on high. Since every microwave is different, try 10 seconds at a time until the ingredients are melted.
Serve and Enjoy
Your campfire cones are ready! Be careful when opening, they are hot and the ingredients will be melty.
- For quick and easy assembly, prep all your ingredients in advance. I like to serve up the campfire cone ingredients in large muffin liners or simple plastic bags, then let everyone help themselves.
- If you can stand your cones up, it will help keep the insides from melting out. If you don't have a rack, you can wedge the cones in between rocks.
- Use unflavored nonstick spray to keep the marshmallows from sticking.
- Make sure your foil packets are sealed securely so your precious ingredients don't escape.
What is a campfire cone?
A campfire cone is a delicious and fun takeoff of s'mores. Instead of graham crackers waffle cones are filled with delicious fillings, can be assembled easily (even in advance), and make less mess because they are cooked in foil.
Many ingredient combinations would work, from a simple cone to an over-the-top mega waffle cone loaded with melted toppings. Oh my.
Can you make s'mores cones in advance?
Yes, absolutely! Your s'mores cones can be put together in advance and wrapped in foil, ready for cooking. We do not recommend adding any fresh fruit in advance, as they will make the cone soggy if they sit too long.
✔️ More Foil Packet Recipes
Here are a few more foil packet recipes I think you'll enjoy:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets
- Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets
- Philly Cheese Steak Foil Packets
- Lumberjack Breakfast Foil Packets
- 30+ Foil Packet Meals for Camping RV
Delicious ooey gooey S'mores Cones taste just like the real thing - but in a big waffle cone! These campfire cones are the perfect dessert to make on your next picnic, potluck, backyard bbq, camping trip, or RV adventure! Stuff your cones full of your favorite ingredients and cook over campfire, oven, or grill! #smores #campfirecones #smoresdessert #foilpackets #RVfood #RVcooking #campingfood #campingrecipe #campfirecooking #dessert #rvliving #rvcamping
Leave a Reply