S'mores Brownies (Easy Camping Dessert), are an ooey gooey chocolaty brownie that will soon be your favorite go-to brownie recipe. The perfect make-ahead easy camping dessert for your next RV adventure! Enjoy this big pan of S'mores year 'round but without the fire! Enjoy!
❤️ You'll Love S'mores Brownies
I think you are going to love these brownies. They are an easy make ahead recipe - the perfect easy camping dessert to take along in your RV.
An Easy Camping Dessert Idea!
I love this S' mores brownies recipe because it's an easy make-ahead camping dessert that you can just take with. They are also freezable too! I like to cut them into individual pieces and freeze them into 4 pieces so I can moderate how many I eat in 1 sitting! LOL 🙂
Oh my gosh. I love these brownies. They are so delicious. The trick to these brownies is NOT TO OVERCOOK THEM. Make sure to take them out as soon as the knife inserted comes out clean. See below for more baking tips to get the babies perfect!
🥘 Ingredients and Tools
- 1 18.3 oz box of brownie mix
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 13 x 9" baking pan
- Non-stick baking spray (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
📋 Step by Step Instructions
Here's how to make s'mores brownies. I think you'll find this an easy camping dessert!
Make the Batter
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, graham cracker crumbs, water, oil, and egg.
Mix by hand for 1 minute. Spread the brownie batter into a nonstick pan, or a pan with nonstick spray.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted 2" from the side of the pan comes out clean. Do not overcook! Remove from the oven.
Immediately turn the oven on to broil, sprinkle marshmallows, and chocolate chips over the top.
Place the pan under broiler about 4 to 6" away - for 1 minute or until marshmallow are lightly brown.
Cool and cut brownies into 36 bars.
💭 Expert Tips
- DO NOT OVERCOOK THE BROWNIES! When the brownies come out of the oven, immediately sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips on top then they go under the broiler. If you overcook your brownies in the oven by the time they finish with the topping they will be overcooked.
- Have the top broiler rack at the right height before you heat your oven. This way you can quickly transition to broiler mode and not lose any heat. You want the broiler at the perfect height and heat before broiling the marshmallow and chocolate chip topping into brown. This will avoid overcooking the brownies.
- Get your toppings ready to sprinkle. Basically, as soon as the brownies come out of the oven you need to sprinkle the topping.
✔️ Tips For Using Your RV Oven
RV ovens get a bum rap - for a reason. The temperature is often wrong and if using a propane oven the flame is in a concentrated area making for inconsistent baking results. Here are a few tricks that I use in my RV oven, that will help you overcome these problems!
Use An Oven Thermometer.
Even though I set the temperature in my oven to let's say 350ºF, the oven never actually gets to 350. I use a simple and inexpensive thermometer that hangs in the oven to make sure I have the proper temperature before baking. Tip. before you buy a thermometer measure the spacing of your oven racks so you buy the right size. Some thermometers are large.
Proper Sized Metal Pans
Using the proper sized pans is important for air circulation. A pan that touches the edge of the oven is too large. Depending upon the size of your oven, there are brands of compact-sized baking pans that work well. I use compact baking pans, half cookie sheets, and 6 muffin-sized pans frequently.
Lay a stone pan in the bottom
After my first few attempts at baking cookies in my RV oven, and all the ones in the middle burning - I tried this tip! Works like a charm. I laid a baking stone on the bottom of my oven to help absorb and spread the heat so there is not a concentrated are of heat anymore.
Now, word of caution. There is a metal shield covering the open flame in the oven. I laid the stone directly on this shield and the first time I used the stone it broke in half right through the center, where the largest concentration of flame was. From then on my stone, in two pieces never broke any further and I've kept it on the shield ever since!
❓ Common Questions
What makes brownies more chewy?
The main way to achieve brownies that are more chewy would be to undercooked them slightly. Brownies with more oil are chewier as well.
How can you tell if the brownies are done?
Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted 2" from the edge of the cake pan comes out clean.
Can I use an 8 x 8" or 9 x 9" sized pan?
Yes, you can! Keep in mind that the oven temperature and baking time will need to adjust. You need to adjust the toppings to a single layer. See below guide!
The ingredients need to be in a single layer in order to brown/melt properly.
Approximate Baking Times and Oven Temperature Guide For Brownies:
- 8 x 8" | 325ºF | 50 to 52 minutes
- 9 x 9" | 350ºF | 36 to 38 minutes
- 13 x 9" | 350ºF | 22 to 25 minutes
What ingredients make brownies cakey?
Flour is the ingredient that makes brownies cakey. Additional amounts of baking soda or baking powder give the brownies "lift" which in turn makes them cakey in texture.
Can I make brownies with Golden Grahams too?
Yes, you can make brownies with Golden Grahams cereal! Proceed by sprinkling about ¾ cup of the cereal on the brownies first. Finally, add the marshmallows and then the chocolate chips.
➡️ Related Content
Easy Camping Desserts
- S'Mores Cones Campfire Recipe
- S'more Nachos | by Liv for Cake (Bake these or cook them over the fire in a cast-iron skillet or a metal pan.)
- Campfire Eclairs | by The Little Many Joys
- Foil Packet Apple Pies | by Love From The Oven
More RV Camping Recipes
- Canned Fruit Salad Recipe
- Pie Iron Sausage and Egg Hobo Pies
- Philly Cheese Steak Foil Packets
- 25+ RV Camping Dinners: Easy Recipes!
- Easy Instant Pot Meals To Cook In Your RV
- 15+ Easy Hamburger Recipes
- Camping Cocktails
- 25+ Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
🚙 We'd Love To Hear From You
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this post! Here's how:
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
We love your comments - say hello, or leave any questions and comments below!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Show your RV's, travel photos, food photos, and favorite campgrounds! We'd LOVE to see them!
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Delicious ooey gooey S'mores brownies taste just like the real thing - but in a big pan! This s' mores dessert is THE perfect make-ahead dessert to take on your next picnic, potluck, backyard bbq, camping trip, or RV adventure! You gotta try this smores brownies recipe! #smoresbrownies #smoresdessert #makeaheaddessrt #RVfood #RVcooking #campingfood #campingrecipe #campfirecooking #dessert #brownies #rvliving #rvcamping #chocolaterecipe #brownierecipe