25+ Kebab Recipes on the Grill are perfect for your next backyard bbq or camping trip. Whether in your house, a tent, or an RV - kebab recipes are the perfect easy prep or make ahead meals. We've located the best recipes for grilled chicken, beef, pork, vegetable, fish, and dessert kebabs. Enjoy!
Why You'll Love Making Kebabs
Perfect Camping Food
Kebabs on the grill or over your campfire are the BEST camping food.
Easy Make Ahead
Many kebabs can be prepped ahead which means packing less ingredients in your RV. With simple prep & a few ingredients, you can make these camping meals with ease. Perfect for your tiny RV kitchen.
Things You'll Need To Make Kebabs
- Metal Skewers or Wood Skewers
- Nonstick Spray
- Meat, Poultry, or Fish
- Seasoning, Marinade, or Sauce
- If you are using wood skewers make sure to soak them in water at least 30 minutes prior to use - even longer if you can. This will keep them from burning up on the grill or campfire.
- Spray the skewers with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- To make the skewer assembly go quicker - precut all your meat and vegetables ahead of time.
- You can pre-assemble your skewers before you leave on your camping trip, but I've found they take up too much space in my tiny fridge. I like to pre-cut all my meat and vegetables ahead of time then store in separate plastic bags. Assembling kebabs is a fun family activity! 🙂
Common Questions About Making kebabs
Here are the most common questions we get about making kebabs. If these don't answer your questions, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below! 🙂
What do you use to grill skewers?
To grill skewers you can use metal skewers or wooden skewers. Metal skewers should be sprayed with nonstick spray before adding meat and vegetables. Wooden skewers should be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes prior to prevent burning while grilling.
Can you make kebabs ahead of time?
Yes, you can make kebabs ahead of time. This makes them the perfect thing to take along camping! Since cooler or refrigerator space is at a premium I will precut my vegetables and meat ahead of time and place with marinade in plastic bags (keep veggies and meat in separate bags). I then assemble the kebabs the day we plan on grilling them or right before.
What Goes With Kebabs? Some Meal Ideas For You!
Just to help you in your meal planning, here are a few meal ideas for you to try! They are quick and simple - and easy to make in your RV kitchen! 🙂
Keep in mind that most kebabs combine both protein and vegetables so all you really need to do is add a bread or a salad. If you're looking for more, here you go!
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kebabs + Greek Salad + Tzatziki Sauce + Smore Kebabs
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks + Herb Marinated Vegetables Kebabs + Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs
Skewer Recipes For Camping and Backyard BBQ's
Okay, here we go! Here are some of the best skewer recipes we could find. Skewer recipes for camping make an easy meal. Precut before you go to save on cooler or RV refrigerator space! Get everyone involved in making their kebabs. Have fun!
Chicken Kebab Recipes
- Chicken Shish Kebab Recipe | by The Forked Spoon
- Pineapple Chicken Kebab | by Spend With Pennies
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kebabs | by Delicious Meets Healthy
- BBQ Chicken Kebabs | by Carlsbad Cravings
- Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Kebabs | by Thriving Home
- Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs | by Tastes Better From Scratch
Beef Kebab Recipes
- Beef Shish Kebabs | by The Food Cafe
- Best Marinated Steak Kebabs | by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Steak Fajita Skewers With Cilantro Chimichurri | by Recipe Runner
- Grilled Beef Kofta Kebabs | by Spiced Blog
- Grilled Sweet & Sour Meatball Kebabs | by Daring Gourmet
- Garlic Steak Kebab | by Dinner At The Zoo
Pork Kebab Recipes
- Asian BBQ Pork Kebabs | by Hey Grill Hey
- Southwestern Pork Kebabs | by Hoosier Homemade
- Italian Pork Kebabs | by Liz's Healthy Table
- Grilled Pork Kebabs With Peanut Sauce | by The Real Food RDS
- Teryaki Pork Kebabs | by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Greek Pork Slouvaki | by Simply Delicious Food
- Bacon Wrapped Peaches | by The Baconer
Seafood and Fish Kebabs
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp | by A Farm Girl Dabbles
- Cajun Grilled Salmon Kebabs | by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Fish Kebabs | by Garlic and Zest
Vegetable Kebab Recipes
- Caprese Kebabs | by Dinner At The Zoo
- Grilled Fajita Vegetable Skewers | by A Spicy Perspective
- Herb Marinated Vegetable Kebabs | by Seeking Good Eats
Dessert Kebabs 🙂
- Fruit Kebabs | by Healthy Little Foodies
- Easy S'more Kabobs (no cook) | by Faith Filled Food For Moms
- Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs | by Divas Can Cook
- Canned Fruit Salad Recipe
- 25+ RV Camping Dinners: Easy Recipes!
- 35+ Easy Instant Pot Meals To Cook In Your RV
- 15+ Easy Hamburger Recipes
- 20 + Camping Cocktails
- 25+ Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this post! Here's how:
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
We love your comments - say hello, or leave any questions and comments below!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Show your RV's, travel photos, food photos, and favorite campgrounds! We'd LOVE to see them!
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
25+ Kebabs recipes on the grill that are perfect easy grilling recipes. Kebabs on the grill are the BEST camping food. With simple prep & a few ingredients, you can make these camping meals with ease. From chicken kebabs, beef, pork, vegetables, fish, & dessert kebabs. Kebabs are easy to make ahead and take with, perfect for your tiny RV kitchen. #campingdinners #rvcooking #campingfood #easyrecipes #grilling #skewers #kebabrecipes #kebabsonthegrill #rv #rvliving #rvcooking #rvlife #rvrecipes